Python doc problems example: gzip module

EP EP at zomething.com
Fri Sep 2 01:31:45 EDT 2005

"Xah Lee" <xah at xahlee.org> wrote:

> today i need to <snip> decompress

> since i'm familiar with <snip>

<snip>  what the fuck
<snip>

> Fuck the  <snip>

> I just need to decompress <snip>

<snip> that fucking doc
<snip> whatever fuck

Is it just me or, do you suppose, with so much unnecessary "f" word, this is not a post at all, but a cleverly encoded message to fellow unsavory characters.  The "f"'s are just enough to thwart (ahem,lesser!) intellects from critically analyzing the text.  And as far as I can tell, there was no real content in the post.

Could the position of the f words be the key to the encrypted message?

I need to enlist the help of smarter minds to decode the message - I have zero experience in this, but I am sure there are minds bright enough on this list to crack the XL posts.

Here's all I could get going, trying to see if there was something in the name itself (but clearly the below is kindergarten level, at best)

>>> eName="xahlee"
>>> def fName(name="", offset=0, p=1):
	newName="".join([chr(ord(c)+ offset  -(26*((ord(c)+offset)>122))) for c in name])
	if p==1:
		print newName
	return newName

>>> for i in range(0,26):
	nn=fName(name,i)

xahlee
ybimff
zcjngg
adkohh
belpii
cfmqjj
dgnrkk
ehosll
fiptmm
gjqunn
hkrvoo
ilswpp
jmtxqq
knuyrr
lovzss
mpwatt
nqxbuu
orycvv
pszdww
qtaexx
rubfyy
svcgzz
twdhaa
uxeibb
vyfjcc
wzgkdd

Certainly this one caught my eye ("rubfyy") - Ruby with the f-you acronym inside it!

Sorry, folks, its been a long week and I need to decompress.

EP