How to write this iterator?

severa at sophia.dtp.fmph.uniba.sk severa at sophia.dtp.fmph.uniba.sk
Mon Sep 19 05:05:04 EDT 2005

Given a list of iterators, I'd like to have a new one that would
cyclically walk over the list calling the next() method of the iterators
(removing any iterator which is exhausted). It should also support adding
a new iterator to the list; it should be added in front of the current
position (so that it's called only after all the others). This is what I
was able to write with my zero python skills (self.iters is the list of
iterators, self.i is the index of the iterator that should be used next).
Is there a nicer/more pythonic solution, maybe using generators?

class Liter(object):

    def __init__(self, *iters):
        self.i=0
        self.iters=[iter(x) for x in iters]