C#3.0 and lambdas

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Sep 19 04:31:48 EDT 2005

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com wrote:

> On Slashdot there is a discussion about the future C#3.0:
> http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/05/09/18/0545217.shtml?tid=109&tid=8
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp/future/

    "The extensions enable construction of compositional APIs that
    have equal expressive power of query languages in domains such
    as relational databases and XML."

> There are many differences, but it looks a bit more like Python:
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/0/9503e33e-fde6-4aed-b5d0-ffe749822f1b/csharp%203.0%20specification.doc

meanwhile, over in python-dev land:

    "Is anyone truly attached to nested tuple function parameters; 'def
    fxn((a,b)): print a,b'?  /.../

    Would anyone really throw a huge fit if they went away?  I am willing
    to write a PEP for their removal in 2.6 with a deprecation in 2.5 if
    people are up for it."

</F>