/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_mysql.so: undefined symbol: mysql_rollback

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 21 09:48:23 EDT 2005

    thomas> There is no libmysql, but I've got no idea where it is:

Sorry, libmysqlclient.so is the right beastie.

So, look in libmysqlclient.so for a mysql_rollback function (using the nm
command).  Is it possible you have a _mysql.so file that was built with
MySQL 4.x include files but is now linking against MySQL 3.x shared objects?
That's just a guess, but MySQL became more transaction-aware in the 3.x->4.x
transition.  I would guess mysql_rollback is available in 4.x but not 3.x.

Actually, a better place to ask would be on the help forum for the
mysql-python project at Sourceforge:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

Andy Dustman, the author, is generally quite quick to respond.

Skip