Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Gregor Horvath g.horvath at gmx.at
Fri Sep 30 01:28:52 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin schrieb:
> Gregor Horvath <g.horvath at gmx.at> writes:
>
>>Real open source live example from yesterdays mailinglists:
>

> I don't see any use of name mangling in that example.

Someone has a problem and tweaks a private variable as a workaround.

No python program will rely by definition on access to privat variables,
it just lets the door open, just for the case that the program is not
used in steril theoretical environment with a lot of flipcharts but in
real dirty live with bugs, version conflicts, changing demands, ill
spezifications, crazy public interfaces and so on.

--
Greg