dual processor

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Sep 5 14:40:59 EDT 2005

"Paul Rubin" <"http://phr.cx"@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote in message
news:7xu0gz31ha.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com...
> Along with fixing the GIL, I think PyPy needs to give up on this
> BASIC-style reference counting and introduce real garbage collection.
> Lots of work has been done on concurrent GC and the techniques for it
> are reasonably understood by now, especially if there's no hard
> real-time requirement.

I believe that gc method (ref count versus other) either is now or will be
a PyPy compile option.  Flexibility in certain implementation details
leading to flexibility in host systems is, I also recall, part of their EC
funding rationale.  But check their announcements, etc.,  for verification
and details.

Terry J. Reedy