Python 2.4 under WinXP, free VC71 toolkit and VC6 libraries

Berthold Höllmann berthold at despammed.com
Tue Sep 27 11:48:47 EDT 2005

I have wrapped some inhouse libraries for Python. The development team
uses VC6 and DF6.1 for development of these libraries under WinXP. I
would like to wrap the libraries for Python and use the official Win
Python from python.org. Now I get a segmentation fault in (access
violation in NTDLL.DLL). The code used to work on Python 2.3, so I
am afraid I have a plroblem in mixing the code generated by different
VC versions. Is this the probable cause of my problem, or should the
combination work in general (some libraries seem to work).

Kind regards
Berthold
--
                            __   Address: