python script under windows

Harlin Seritt harlinseritt at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 07:04:06 EDT 2005

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately you will have to register it as a service. I am almost
certain there is no other way to do it. However, setting up an
executable as a true Windows Service is extremely tedious. You can try
this utility that I use. You can get it here:
http://www.seritt.org/pub/srvinst13b.exe. I'm probably not supposed to
distribute it, but the site and owners that used to host it have gone
belly up best that I can tell. As with anything, use it at your own
risk. I found it as freeware a few months back.

If you want a decent cheap solution, FireDaemon is pretty good. I think
it's like 30USD but it does a great job and adds a few extra features.

HTH,

Harlin Seritt
Internet Villa: www.seritt.org