ncurses programming

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Sep 26 14:57:50 EDT 2005

On 2005-09-26, Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:
[...]
>>> Py Docs:   http://docs.python.org/lib/module-curses.html
>>
>> This document suggests that Python+ncurses won't work on windows.
>> What's the reason for this?
>
> Could it be that ncurses doesn't work on Windows? At least, it
> didn't last time I looked. There was a curses library for
> Windows, but you'll have to google for it.

I think there used to be something called pdcurses that
supposedly worked under windows.  That was quite a while ago, I
never tried it, and I may be misremembering the name.

I've no idea if there was a pdcurses module for python.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I will SHAVE and
                                  at               buy JELL-O and bring my