Overhead of individual python apps

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 28 06:45:08 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:
> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
>
>>>That is bogus reasoning.
>>
>>not if you're a professional software developer and someone's paying you
>>to develop an application that is to be run on a platform that they control.
>

> An awful lot of Python targeted users are not in that situation, so if
> Python's usability suffers for them when it doesn't have to, then
> something is wrong with Python.

If a useful subset of Python can be crammed into a Nokia cell phone then
I really don't think there's much to complain about (except that "it
hasn't been done for *my* machine").

Even embedded systems are much larger now than the minicomputers of
yesteryear. Everything's relative. Just wait three years!

i-remember-when-we-'ad-ter-code-seven-kilobytes-of-assembly-language-wi'-nowt-bu'-a-teletype-ter-edit-t'-paper-tape-wi'-ly
y'rs  - steve

--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
PyCon TX 2006                          www.pycon.org