FTP Error: Windows AS/400

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Tue Sep 13 13:03:00 EDT 2005

I've used DOS FTP to hit AS/400 systems before and usually have to completely
qualify the file name or ensure that I'm in the correct directory.  When you use
command-line FTP to get the file, do these commands mimic your commands?

What version of python are you using?

If you issue PWD on the FTP site, what is returned when you're in the correct
folder? Can you use the sendcmd() function to mimic the functionality of cwd()
for this purpose?

I don't have easy access to an AS/400 with which to test, but maybe there's an
idea or two here that's worth trying.

-Pete