py2exe 0.6.1 released

svbrk at start.no svbrk at start.no
Tue Sep 6 07:11:33 EDT 2005

First: Thank you Thomas for the good work with py2exe. The single-file
option is something I have been waiting for :-)
Will it also be possible to build independent files (such as
my_app_data.zip) into the executable?

> > I tried it using the wx singlefile example, but unfortunately the resulting
> > executable segfaults at startup (using Python 2.3.3 on Windows 2000, with
> > latest wxWindows).
>
> Yes, I can reproduce that.  I'm still using wxPython 2.4.2.4 for Python
> 2.3.5, and that combo works.  I have done a few tests, and wxPython
> 2.5.1.5 also works, while 2.5.5.1 crashes.

I have tried two more combinations for this example
(samples/singlefile/gui/test_wx.py), both giving segfault on WindowsXP
/ SP2:
1. Python 2.3.3 with wxPython 2.6.1.0 unicode
2. Python 2.4.1 with wxPython 2.6.1.0 unicode

However, the combinations
  Python 2.4.1 with wxPython 2.4.5.1 ansi
  Python 2.4.1 with wxPython 2.6.1.0 ansi
do not cause segfault, but shows a dialog box pointing to a log file,
the contents of which is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_wx.py", line 1, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "wxPython\__init__.pyo", line 10, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "wxPython\_wx.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "wxPython\_core.pyo", line 15, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 42, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 89, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading _core_.pyd

Maybe this could help localizing the problem?

Svein Brekke