exceptions from logging on Windows

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at dspsolutions.de
Mon Sep 12 05:59:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

I experience several exceptions from python's logging system when using the
rollover feature on Windows.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\Python24\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 62, in emit
    if self.shouldRollover(record):
  File "c:\Python24\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 132, in shouldRollover
    self.stream.seek(0, 2)  #due to non-posix-compliant Windows feature
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

Googeling revealed that this has been experienced by others, too, however no
workaround or solution has been provided. Is this the latest status on this
topic? Do I miss something?

Thanks for help,

Oliver