Python compiled?

billiejoex billiejoex at fastwebnet.it
Mon Sep 5 16:41:13 EDT 2005

I'm sorry. Maybe you  misunderstanded.
I know the great advanteges deriving by using interpretation too, I
appreciate it very much (I'm newbie in Python and the interpeter really
helps me out in many situations), but a 'pure' interpretated language needs
obligatorily an interpreter and (sorry for repeating) this could be a
problem for distribution (imho).
Py2exe is surely a good compromise but it is not comparable to an executable
file compiled, for example, in C for obvious sizing reasons (I never used
PyInstaller. I surely try it out as soon as possible, but I didn't think
that the output package size is too much different than py2exe one).
For these reasons I think that an hibrid language that permits
interpretation and compilation at the same time, should be a great
advantage.

best regards