urllib.open problem

Astan Chee stanc at al.com.au
Wed Sep 14 19:19:53 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,
    I have a python script which runs perfectly on my machine.
    However a machine that I tested it on gives the following error
message:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "whip.py", line 616, in OnRebootRunning
      File "whip.py", line 626, in RebootCustom
      File "urllib.pyc", line 77, in urlopen
      File "urllib.pyc", line 170, in open
    TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

    The code snipplet where this error
    happens is
    f = urllib.urlopen("http://www.hotmail.com/)
    notes= f.readlines()

Does anyone know what causes this error? Im perplexed because it works
on some machines and it doesnt work on other computers although they all
have the same spec.
    Thanks for the help
    Cheers
    Stan