First release of Shed Skin, a Python-to-C++ compiler.

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Sun Sep 11 13:31:23 EDT 2005

Mark Dufour wrote:

> With this initial release, I hope to attract other people to help me
> locate remaining problems,

Well, you did say you want help with locating problems. One problem with
this is it doesn't build...

If I try and build (following your instructions), I get presented with a
whole slew of build errors - knock on errors from the first few:

In file included from builtin_.cpp:1:
builtin_.hpp:4:29: gc/gc_allocator.h: No such file or directory
builtin_.hpp:5:23: gc/gc_cpp.h: No such file or directory
In file included from builtin_.cpp:1:
builtin_.hpp:89: error: syntax error before `{' token
builtin_.hpp:93: error: virtual outside class declaration

Which C++ libraries are you dependent on? (Stating this would be really
useful, along with specific versions and if possible where you got them :)

For reference, I'm building this on SuSE 9.3, under which I also have
boehm-gc-3.3.5-5 installed. I suspect you're using the same gc library
(having downloaded libgc from sourceforge and finding the includes don't
match the above include names) but a different version. For reference this
version/distribution of boehm-gc has the following file structure:

/usr/include/gc.h
/usr/include/gc_backptr.h
/usr/include/gc_config_macros.h
/usr/include/gc_cpp.h
/usr/include/gc_local_alloc.h
/usr/include/gc_pthread_redirects.h
/usr/lib/libgc.a
/usr/lib/libgc.la
/usr/lib/libgc.so
/usr/lib/libgc.so.1
/usr/lib/libgc.so.1.0.1

It's specifically the gc_cpp.h file that makes me suspect it's the same gc.

Regards,

Michael.