Using Python with COM to communicate with proprietary Windows software

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Fri Sep 9 21:23:24 EDT 2005

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:36:00 +0200, Thomas Heller <theller at python.net>
wrote:

{...}

>(I have released and announced this 3 weeks ago, but haven't got a
>single feedback.  So it seems the need to access custom interfaces is
>very low.)

I have downloaded it and am trying to find the time to play with it
(unsuccessfully so far).

As someone working with a large, complex, COM library with minimal
IDispatch support, I'm really looking forward to this.

However, at the moment I'm limited to Python 2.2 and ctypes 0.6.3 (which
is allowing me to get the job done!!).

Regardless, I thank you for what you have released!

Cheers,
Andrew.