C#3.0 and lambdas

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:29:15 EDT 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> you know, this "you have opinions? fuck off!" attitude isn't really helping.

While I should know better than replying to </F>, ;) I have to say that
I don't think "you have opinions? fuck off!" was the intent at all.  I
don't know many people who'd argue that we don't need:

* more complete and better organized documentation
* a simpler build/install system
* etc.

But they'll never get done if no one volunteers to work on them.
Recently, I saw a volunteer on python-dev looking to help make the docs
more complete, and he was redirected to the docs SIG to help out.  This
is good.  I know that there's been a bunch of work on setuptools[1]
that's supposed to be a real improvement on distutils.  This is also goood.

But there're only so many man-hours available to work on these projects.
  If you see a problem, and you want it fixed, the right thing to do is
to  donate some of your time to a project that needs it.  This, I
believe, is the essence of Reinhold Birkenfeld's comment.

STeVe

[1]http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools