Using '__mul__' within a class

Martin Miller ggrp1.20.martineau at dfgh.net
Sat Sep 24 16:13:48 EDT 2005

As others have pointed out, you are just reassigning a new value to the
self argument in the Square() method shown. Instead, what you need to
do is change the object that 'self' refers to within the method. To do
this, change it to:

    def Square( self ):
        result = self * self
        self.a = result.a
        self.b = result.b
        self.c = result.c

You would also have to do something similar in an __imul__() method if
you decided to implement one.

Hope this helps,
-Martin
====