Opinion on Pyrex

Carl phleum_nospam at chello.se
Fri Sep 30 12:20:20 EDT 2005

I have recently started to use Pyrex and am amazed by it's useability.

Are there any alternatives to Pyrex?

One thing that I haven't figured out is how to embed pure C/C++ source code
into Pyrex. For example, if you have a bunch of C files that you want to
use together with some Python code snippets, how do you practically achieve
this using Pyrex? I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible
without some rewriting and adaptation (translation) of available C source
code (if you don't want to compile and link all your C source into a
statical or dynamical library).

Carl