packaging python for install.

J jstier at cs.uvic.ca
Wed Sep 14 14:27:26 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have posted a question on this topic before and already received some
useful advice. I am basically trying to package python with
an App that embedds the interpretor. I am also including numarray (i.e.
I have a #include <numarray/arrayobject.h> in my C++ code).  However it
looks like I have problems with numarray.

I have run the following:

>>python setup.py py2exe --includes numarray

where

>setup.py contains
>
>from distutils.core import setup
>import py2exe
>
>setup()

This produced the 'dist' directory including the library.zip file.
However there was also the following error message:

>The following modules appear to be missing
>['numarray._dotblas']

I renamed library.zip to python24.zip and changed the registry entry
PythonDir to c:\python24\dist... Then I started my app again. It seems
that native python (i.e. PyType_READY) worked fine, but a call to
numarray function PyArray_FromDimsAndData just crashes the App without
an error message.

I have also tried using

>>python setup.py py2exe -p numarray

without success. Has anyone packaged numarray before... any advice ?

Cheers
Jochen