Django Vs Rails

maluke at gmail.com maluke at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 01:48:40 EDT 2005

I'm a python guy, so I haven't tried rails myself (I did read the
tutorial though). I tried Django and didn't like it somewhat. One thing
I don't like about it is that you have to write the same things twice,
for ex. specify url resolver and reference it in config. Django is not
bad but not spectacular either. http://www.turbogears.org/ on the other
hand is! I had no CherryPy or SQLObject experience before, but I learnt
the framework and implemented my first web-app with it in one day time!
That includes the model, some views and an xml-rpc control interface.
That's outstanding productivity if you ask me.

You should give TurboGears a try.