command line path

mclaugb mclaugb at nospam.gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:16:57 EDT 2005

I am trying to pass the name of several files to a python script as command
line arguments.  When i type in

python ImportFiles_test.py C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW
7.1\project\calibration\FREQUENCY_
13.CSV

The following error results:

C:\Program Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\bm304.BRYANPC\My
Documents\Python\ImportFiles_test.py", line 10, in ?
    input = open(file1, 'rb');
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program'

I debugged a little and what is happening is the space in "c:\Program Files"
and "...\National Instruments..\" is being parsed as separate arguments and
i only wish for them to be parsed as one.

How do I get pass a path string containing spaces?

Regards,
Bryan