launching adobe reader with arguments from os.system call

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Sep 8 10:37:05 EDT 2005

Greg Miller wrote:
> Thank you Martin, here's what I discovered this morning to work, the
> only problem is it is painfully slow to launch the application.
>
> os.system('start acroRd32.exe'+' /A'+' "page=15"'+'
> "C:\\Gregtemp\\estelletest\\NexGlosser_User_Guide_W60G00_en.pdf"')
>
> I'm going to give your method a try to see if it launches any quicker.
> Thanks again.
>
> Greg Miller

You might notice that if you already have an Acrobat Reader window open
the document comes up rather more quickly.

If you want fast document startup you could consider using the win32all
extensions to create an AcroReader application process in advance of
opening any documents.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/