Problems with Python for Windows extensions

Kartic removethis.kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:23:24 EDT 2005

The Great 'KK' uttered these words on 9/7/2005 7:57 AM:
> Hello,
> I guess you could reproduce my problem, Kartic. I have tried the one u
> suggested, but sadly it didn't work for me. I think the COM of pywin is
> quite tricky, or it might be a bug. I have some friends who also had
> experience of weird behaviors of pywin32, which makes me skeptical of
> using it in real app.
>
> Thanks
> KK

Actually, I have created some robust win32com applications (using Word
and Excel) that work consistently on all installed machines.

Could it be an Office 2003 quirk? Did some other app of yours crash
while using COM? Such crashes could produce unpredictable results in COM
related code, from my experience.

So, if you think it is worth your time, you could probably investigate
it a bit more or better contact Mark Hammond to see if he can help. I
don't know if there is a win32com mailing list; if there is one, please
post your question there too.

Thanks,
-Kartic