check if a webpage is forwarding to a other webpage

garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Tue Sep 6 10:27:18 EDT 2005

martijn at gamecreators.nl wrote:
> H!
>
> I'm busy with testing python and now i'm trying to check if a url makes
> a forward to a other location with the same content.
>
> So it will be possible to scan unique website's.
> I already made these checks:
>
> the html forward:
>
> the header:
>
> the url - check:
> if '-':
> check if 'sitename.com' has not the same content as site-name.com
>

> the problem:
> There are still website's forwarding to a other location with the same
> content but they overrule the 3 checks above.

there is also a simple Location: in header, as well as javascript
redirects (these are the most evil)

| Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |