First release of Shed Skin, a Python-to-C++ compiler.

Mark Dufour mark.dufour at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:57:28 EDT 2005

>I am reluctant to attempt an arduous installation on Windows, but if
>Mr. Dufour or someone else could create a web site that would let you
>paste in Python code and see a C++ translation, I think this would
>expand the user base. Alternatively, a Windows executable would be
>nice.

The web site is a great idea, thanks. Maybe I will get to that, but I
have so much other things on my TODO list.. The source code of the
compiler can be downloaded, so anyone is free to tinker with it.

The problem of making a Windows executable is that the compiler itself
makes Windows executables, and therein lies the problem. It would be
nice if somebody would come up with a complete package, because I have
no access to Windows nor would I know how to approach that..

thanks!
mark.