Python batching on XP

durumdara at mailpont.hu durumdara at mailpont.hu
Tue Sep 27 09:58:15 EDT 2005

Hi !

I want to write a program that backup some databases in the night.

Pseudo like this:

try:
if cmd('net stop dbservice'):
   s=c://backup'+str(time.time())+'.zip'
   if cmd('zipit c:\\database '+s):
      if cmd('map drive \\\\backupdrive\\c$ y -user BACKUP -pwd SECRET'):
         if cmd('copy '+s+' y:\\'):
            LogSucc()
finally:
  cmd('net start dbservice')

I'm trying with os.system() commands.
But that is printing the result message to the screen, not to a tuple,
like commands.|getstatusoutput().
I need to store this message, because I want to log everything that this
program do/print; every of the messages.

So: how to I capture the screen, or how to I use
|commands.|getstatusoutput() to access the Windows batch/cmd commands,
and get their errors/statuses ?

Please help me !

Thanks for it: dd