Replacement for lambda - 'def' as an expression?

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Tue Sep 6 16:06:21 EDT 2005

Terry Reedy enlightened us with:
> Are you claiming that including a reference to the more humanly readable
> representation of a function (its source code) somehow detracts from the
> beauty of the function concept?

Nope.

> Or are you claiming that binding a function to a name rather than
> some other access reference (like a list slot) somehow detracts from
> its conceptual beauty?

Nope.

> Is so, would you say the same about numbers?

Nope.

I was under the (apparently very wrong) impression (don't ask my why)
that something like the example that Paul Rubin gave wouldn't be
possible. Now that I've learned that, I take back what I've said. His
code is more beautyful IMO ;-)

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa