Pervasive Database Connection

Neil Hughes neil.hughes1 at tesco.net
Tue Sep 6 14:18:58 EDT 2005

On 6/9/05 08:52, Alex Le Dain wrote:
> What is the best way to access a Pervasive database on another machine?

Assuming you mean the Pervasive.SQL DBMS...

...depends what you're trying to do and what you're comfortable with.
Pervasive can be accessed through various access methods, e.g. low-level
C (Btrieve) and Java APIs, ODBC/JDBC, .Net, etc.

For quick-and-dirty utilities and queries I tend to use the old Python
ODBC driver and I've dabbled with Jython+zxJDBC.

For production code I have the luxury of a tried-and-tested C wrapper
developed in-house as a DLL, so I can use that through c-types.

--
Neil