Manging multiple Python installation

Andy Leszczynski leszczynscyATnospam.yahoo.com.nospam
Wed Sep 7 20:11:31 EDT 2005

Hi,
I run Mandrake 10.0 with python 2.3 installed by default. I want to keep
it as it is but need another, very customized Python installation based
of 2.3 as well. I would prefer to have it the way it is on Windows, one
folder e.g. /opt/mypython with all the stuff under that. It would be
unlike that standard installation where everything is scattered across
/usr /bin/ /.../doc. That way I can easily tar it and distribute to
whatever machine I want.

How can I achieve that? Please help, Andy