python callbacks and windows

davidstummer at gmail.com davidstummer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 06:20:09 EDT 2005

I was wondering if anyone could point me to an example. Currently i
have a c++ program which calls and c++ dll (i created both). The dll
uses SendMessage to pass messages back to the calling .exe, and the
.exe process the messages in it's  Windows Procedure function
WindProc().

What i want is to receive these messages ( the contents of each message
will be plain text), in python using a callback (i think this is what i
need).

I don't know whether (or if it's possible) to implement the windows
procedure and stuff in python, eliminating the need for the .exe
altogether.

or should i do it the other way, to add a callback function in python,
and for the windows procedure in the .exe to call this python callback?

in any case, some simple code examples would be great.

cheers.