influence platorm during install -end user question

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Sep 17 22:19:43 EDT 2005

Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech at gmail.com> wrote:

>How do I influence the platform type during install?  Could you look
>at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong?  It's still using
>information from get_platform instead of using my preference.
>
>[root at k12linux pyosd-0.2.14]# python setup.py install
>--install-purelib=lib.linux=i686-2.3
>--install-lib=/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages

The answer was given to you previously.  To get Python to build a 32-bit
extension, you must use the 32-bit version of Python to run setup.py.
Otherwise, it's always going to use the 64-bit compiler.

Also note that there is a typo in your command line.  You have an equals
sign in lib.linux=i686-2.3 where you should have a dash.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.