Alternatives to Stackless Python?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Sep 22 23:26:28 EDT 2005

simonwittber at gmail.com wrote:
>>I found LGT http://lgt.berlios.de/ but it didn't seem as if the
>>NanoThreads module had the same capabilites as stackless.
>
> What specific capabilities of Stackless are you looking for, that are
> missing from NanoThreads?

While I can't speak for the OP, isn't it the case that the threadlets in
Stackless (sorry, don't know what they are really called) are true
threads in the sense of being able to switch contexts no matter how far
down in a set of nested calls they might be?  And that NanoThreads are
simply generators, which means you can switch contexts only at the top
level, with a yield statement?

I don't know what the OP wants, but I could imagine that would be a
pretty fundamental difference (if I'm right about Stackless).

-Peter