cElementTree clear semantics

D H no at spam
Sun Sep 25 18:25:39 EDT 2005

Grant Edwards wrote:

>>>I don't think that's needed. He is one of the most active
>>>members of c.l.py, and you should know that yourself.
>>
>>I would recommend emailing the author of a library when you
>>have a question about that library.  You should know that
>>yourself as well.
>

> Why??

Please tell me I don't have to explain to you why the author of a 3rd
party library might be able to answer a question specific to that library.

> For the things I "support", I much prefer answering questions
> in a public forum.

Right, which is exactly why we have sourceforge, tigris, google groups,
and numerous other free resources where you can set up a mailing list to
publicly ask and answer questions about your software.
Of course it may not get you as many paypal hits as spamming larger
forums with your support questions will, but it is the decent thing to do.