python logo

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Sat Sep 3 04:30:22 EDT 2005

Xah Lee wrote:

>i noticed that Python uses various logos:
>
>http://python.org/pics/pythonHi.gif
>http://python.org/pics/PyBanner038.gif
>http://python.org/pics/PyBanner037.gif
>http://python.org/pics/PythonPoweredSmall.gif
>http://wiki.python.org/pics/PyBanner057.gif
>
> is this some decision that python should use various different logos?
>
> Xah
> xah at xahlee.org
>http://xahlee.org/

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
          - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tim C

PS Yes, I know that I shouldn't feed the trolls (or hobgoblins), but I
invoke Screwtape's Defence: other people who should know better don't
seem to be able to resist the temptation either...

PPS Emerson's assertion might well apply not just to Python logos, but
also, ahem, to certain aspects of the Python standard library.

TC