ANN: PyInstaller 1.0 in the works: package your Python app into a single-file executable

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Tue Sep 6 13:13:28 EDT 2005

[Giovanni Bajo wrote]
> Hello,
>
> http://pyinstaller.hpcf.upr.edu/
>
> PyInstaller is a program that packages Python programs into stand-alone
> executables, under both Windows and Linux. This is similar to the famous
> py2exe, but PyInstaller is also able to build fully-contained (single file)
> executables, while py2exe can only build directories containing an executable
> with multiple dynamic libraries.

I notice that the release notes for py2exe 0.6.1 mention that it finally
*can* make a single file executable. I'm not involved in developing it
nor am I that experienced with it. Just an FYI.

    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

Trent

--
Trent Mick