NTEventLogHandler not logging `info'?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 15:23:50 EDT 2005

Jaime Wyant wrote:
> I must be missing something. This is what I read from the documentation:
>
> When a logger is created, the level is set to NOTSET (which causes all
> messages to be processed in the root logger, or delegation to the
> parent in non-root loggers).

The documentation could be clearer, I agree. I will add the following
clarifying sentence to the docs:

The term "delegation to the parent" means that if a logger has a level
of NOTSET, its ancestor loggers are examined until the root is reached,
or an ancestor with a level other than NOTSET is found. In the latter
case, that level is treated as the effective level of the logger where
the ancestor search started, and is used to determine how a logging
event is handled. If the root is reached, and it has a level of NOTSET,
then all messages will be processed. Otherwise, the root's level will
be used as the effective level.

Please post a response on the list if you think the above is still not
clear enough.