Python Doc Problem Example: os.path.split

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 20 11:46:37 EDT 2005

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
[...]
>>But I stand by the nano-tube-narrow mind-set of Xah Lee. Besides his
>>tourette syndrome he also is simply unwilling to read documentation if
>>it is not what _he_ expects it to be.
>

> It's interesting to note that c.l.p still manages to give cordial and
> helpful replies when his posts are not offensive ... in spite of us all
> repeatedly being labelled "fuckers" and worse.

That's the friendly fuckers on c.l.py for you ...

> I strongly suspect (and here I manage to get this on-topic, to the shock
> of all) that he learned English from something written (apparently) by
> Monty Python, and mistakenly thought this was how most people speak in
> public (see http://www.sigg3.net/myself/fuck.html for but one copy).

While this surmise does bring us close to being on-topic I fear you are
being far more charitable than is justified here. But I *am* getting a
bit fucking tired of his rather limited style of discourse.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
PyCon TX 2006                          www.pycon.org