How to copy a file from one machine to another machine

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 06:11:24 EDT 2005

[Nico Grubert]

| I would like to copy a file from one machine (machine #01) to another
| (machine #02).
|
| machine #01: Suse Linux 9.2, Samba 3, Python 2.3.5
| machine #02: Windows Machine, Destination Dir: <Share>\temp\files\
|
| Both machines are in one network so they can communicate each
| other. In order to be able to write a file in the directory on Machine
| #02 I need to be the user "myadmin".

| Every time a new source file has been created it needs to be
| copied or moved from machine #01 to machine #02.

There are several possibilities, depending on what you're happy
to run and where, but perhaps the simplest is to have the share
on the Win32 machine mounted on your Linux box under the appropriate
username and to copy the files there. From your description I assume
you're in control of the files' creation, but even if you're not
you could use something like python-fam to detect additions.

Is there anything I've missed?

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk