wxPython and window sizing

Ville Voipio vvoipio at kosh.hut.fi
Thu Sep 15 05:08:14 EDT 2005

I have a small problem; I would like to have a reasonable
minimum size for a wx.Window.

A simplified version of my code:

        s = wx.SplitterWindow(self, -1)

        curves = wx.Notebook(s)
        curve = wx.Window(curves, ID_BLANKCURVE, style=wx.SUNKEN_BORDER,
                          size=(300,200))
        curves.AddPage(curve, "Blank")

        textbox = wx.TextCtrl(s, ID_TEXTBOX, style=wx.TE_MULTILINE,
                              size=(-1,50))

        s.SetMinimumPaneSize(50)
        s.SplitHorizontally(curves, textbox)
        s.SetSashGravity(0.8)

Here 'self' is the main window class, i.e. inherited from wx.Frame.

What I would like to happen is that both the curve area and the
textbox would have an absolute minimum size when moving the
sash or resizing the window.

How to get this behaviour? I have tried setting the minimum sizes
of the curve and the textbox by using the SetMinSize() method,
but this does not seem to affect anything.

Already when the window is shown the upper pane (i.e. the notebook
curves) is smaller than (300,200) set in the code.

TIA,

- Ville

--
Ville Voipio, Dr.Tech., M.Sc. (EE)