To the python-list moderator

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Sep 3 02:53:31 EDT 2005

Terry Reedy wrote:

>>  What's
>> happening is that Spambayes is marking the message as UNSURE.  The
>> message that mailman sends to the sender is unfortunate.  The
>> "Message has a suspicious header" notice is misleading because the
>> user did not have any header in their message that caused it to be
>> held (at least normally not).
>
> Is that hardwired into Spambayes or can it be edited.

it's a mailman thing.  I suspect that they run things through spambayes,
and use mailman filters to look for "UNSURE" in the "X-Spam-Status"
header added by spambayes.  see e.g.

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.059.htp

I'm pretty sure the python.org administrators have the mailman source
code, so it shouldn't be that hard to fix the message...

</F>