Epydoc - Documenting class members?

Michael Ekstrand mekstran at scl.ameslab.gov
Fri Sep 2 09:28:01 EDT 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:38:03 -0500
Terry Hancock <hancock at anansispaceworks.com> wrote:
> > I don't like this, I want to document where I declare the variable
> > below. Doxygen (www.doxygen.org), for one example, knows how to do
> > this.
>
> Then use Doxygen if it's a superior product. I presume
> it knows how to handle Python code, then?

Doxygen does not support Python - it only works for C-like languages
(C, Java, PHP). Hence the need/desire for something (e.g. extension to
epydoc) that does this.

That said, I did not know about epydoc prior to stumbling across this
thread. Just looked at the website, and I am quite impressed... solves
a lot of problems I've been having with writing documentation for a
project at work.

-Michael