Online Modification of Python Code

malv malvert at telenet.be
Mon Sep 5 05:23:41 EDT 2005

Hi Robert:
(1) Things are not that simple. In fact in setting up a run, extensive
database backup is already involved. Subsequently, data structures are
built at runtime of typically 0.5Gbytes. Although saving this should
work, it would require quite some debug/verification to check out the
validity. Many data structures intervene. Dennis' suggestion worked
fine so I'm happy to be able to leave everything else 'untouched'.

(2) As to your VB question. I have been 'forced' to do a lot of VB
related to M$ Access db  work. VB is 100% integrated in M$'s Visual IDE
and allows you to change 'on the fly' almost anything in the code, even
in the midst of a debug breakpoint stop. This is very, very handy. It
would be a very valuable addition to Python, though it's not very clear
to me how this could be implemented without a specific IDE. (Don't
switch to VB for this though. Python is much cooler).