Anyone else getting posts back as email undeliverable bounces?

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Thu Sep 22 22:31:18 EDT 2005

Terry Reedy wrote:

> "Bengt Richter" <bokr at oz.net> wrote in message
> news:433346fa.2178291167 at news.oz.net...
>
>>It seems lately all my posts have been coming back to me as bounced
>>emails,
>>and I haven't emailed them ;-(
>

> They are gatewayed to the general python email list.  But bouncing list
> emails back to authors instead of the listserve is truly awful.
>

>>I've been getting  bounce messages like (excerpt):
>>This is the Postfix program at host deimos.liage.net.
>

> LOL.  since I never sent email to that address (or similar, not sure), I
> assumed that these were viral messages disguised as fake bounces (which I
> once got daily) or at best spam and deleted without reading further.
>
> If they are list-bounces, the list moderators should also get a bounce and
> unsubscribe whoever.  I'll see what happens to this.
>
> Terry J. Reedy

It looks to me like a server was forwarding them to another network,
possibly an internal one, and that address was disconected or expired,
but the forwarding address wasn't removed.

---
<lists at lindensys.net>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
     name=lindensys.net type=A: Host not found
---

The admin on LIAGE.NET is/was probably the owner of both given the name
of the not found host and the LIAGE.NET adminstrator.

---
Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: LIAGE.NET
Created on: 18-Mar-05
Expires on: 18-Mar-06
Last Updated on: 20-Jun-05

Administrative Contact:
Linden, James domain at tictek.net   <-------  lindensys.net not found
---

The web site at tictek give the same exact under construction notice as
LIAGE.NET.

Cheers,
Ron