pymacs + dbus

pber paolo.bernardi at tin.it
Wed Sep 7 04:41:00 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm on trouble with pymacs and python binding of DBus 0.23.

Emacs/Xemacs have their gnuclient(s) to make remote calls to,
but I wanted to (try to) make some xemacs functions callable
via dbus.

Shortly:
- pymacs loads some python classes that publish the method
"pop_to_window" into a SessionBus (plus a threaded mailoop that
enables receiving messages from python sub-process)
- when activated, the method "pop_to_buffer" calls the "real"
lisp pop_to_buffer using Pymacs.lisp
- it works if called from inside xemacs: the current buffer switches
to the specified one.
- if called from DBus: my object "hears" the request and proceeds
to activate xemacs as usually, but in this case pymacs seems to ignore
the request. In buffer *Pymacs*, the last message I read is this:

<31	(progn (pop-to-buffer "sdbg"))

and nothing more: pymacs does not reply.

Any idea?

Best regards
Paolo Bernardi