Python compiled?

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:04:28 EDT 2005

Hmm, this may be offtopic, but does anyone know how pyinstaller actually
works? Does it just unpack everything into a temporary directory at runtime?
How can it work in Windows and Linux? Their website was sparse...

Well I'm trying it now. Let me know if anyone has these answers in the
meantime.

Thanks,

Greg

On 9/5/05, Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone <
dial#####$$NOSPAM##$#$##tone at gmail.com> wrote:

> billiejoex <billiejoex at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>
> > interpretation and compilation at the same time, should be a great
> > advantage.
>
> Python is compiled and needs a runtime environment.
> just like java does and like C needs the C standard library installed.
>
> I can see no differences except one is compiled to native code, the
> other is compiled to bytecode and JITted or interpreted and python is
> compiled to bytecode and interpreted or (with psyco) JITted.
>
> --
> Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
> Now Running MacOSX 10.4
> Blog: http://vvolonghi.blogspot.com