1 Million users.. I can't Scale!!

Wed Sep 28 19:42:36 EDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:36:54 -0700, ncf wrote:

> If you have that many users, I don't know if Python really is suited
> well for such a large scale application. Perhaps it'd be better suited
> to do CPU intensive tasks it in a compiled language so you can max out
> proformance and then possibly use a UNIX-style socket to send/execute
> instructions to the Python interface, if necessary.

Given that the original post contains no data indicating that the issue is
Python's execution speed, why assume that's where the problem lies, and
that the problem will be solved by throwing extra layers of software at it?

There is a difference between one million users each who make one request
once a month, and one million users who are each hammering the system with
ten requests a second. Number of users on its own is a meaningless
indicator of requirements.

--
Steven.