Grant Edwards [Re: cElementTree clear semantics]

D H no at spam
Sun Sep 25 19:30:38 EDT 2005

Grant Edwards wrote:

>>>Why??
>>
>>Please tell me I don't have to explain to you why the author
>>of a 3rd party library might be able to answer a question
>>specific to that library.
>

> Of course not.  And when that author reads this group, why not
> post questions here so that everybody can benefit from the
> information?

When did I ever argue against that?  I was suggesting a resource to use
to support your own software.  I think you have assumed that I suggested
posting here about celementree was off-topic.  Tell me where I ever said
that.  I said to the first guy that he should ask the author for help,
meaning that he could get help that way as well.  Furthermore, I believe
that is the more efficient way to get help, by contacting the author
directly, especially if that author is too lazy to set up their own
support forum or list.

>>>For the things I "support", I much prefer answering questions
>>>in a public forum.
>>
>>Right, which is exactly why we have sourceforge, tigris,
>>google groups,
>

> Exactly how do you think c.l.p on google groups differs from
> c.l.p on the rest of Usenet?

Who the fuck said that?  Are you pulling this shit out of your ass?

>>and numerous other free resources where you can set up a
>>mailing list to publicly ask and answer questions about your
>>software. Of course it may not get you as many paypal hits as
>>spamming larger forums with your support questions will,
>

> WTF are you on about?  What the hell is a "Paypal hit"?  How is
> posting a single, on-topic, question to c.l.p "spamming"?

Fredrik Lundh gets money via paypal on his site where his software is
located.  That's what I meant.  Where did I say this particular post is
a spam?  Again, your ass?  where do you get this shit?

>>but it is the decent thing to do.
>

> You sir, are a loon.

You're a funny ass.