DispatchWithEvents not working for SQLDMO.Backup

Chandra ctambrin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 03:43:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

I tried the following:

>>> from win32com.client import DispatchWithEvents

>>> class BackupEvent:
...     def OnPercentComplete(self, sMessage, nPercent):
...         print sMessage, nPercent

>>> oSqlBackup = DispatchWithEvents('SQLDMO.Backup', BackupEvent)
Traceback (most recent call last):
    raise ValueError, "This COM object does not support events."
ValueError: This COM object does not support events.

SQLDMO.Backup is a COM object with EVENT, why the error "does not
support events"? I tried the demo of DispatchWithEvents using IExplorer
and it's working, so I think the installation is correct. Is there
anyone facing the same problem?

Thanks,
Chandra